Municipal Election Spotlight: Tina Sroka

Municipal Election Spotlight: Tina Sroka

Tina wears a green shirt and is indoors

What position are you running for?

  • I am running for County Councillor division 3

Why did you want to run for office? 

  • I want to serve my community. I have a talent for helping others and I am great at communicating with people, even in tough situations.

Tell us your favorite library story:

  • When I was in junior high, my friend Sabrina was chosen to help make the choices to restock the library in our school. We were all so proud of her and wanted to assist her however we could. Growing up in the country meant that reading was key to beating boredom and my group of friends all shared a love of reading. It was so much fun to research books we wanted to have! I love reading and now I share that with my children too.

What are you reading or watching right now? 

  • I read a daily email I receive called Atlas Obscura. It is an online magazine and hosts travel based articles. It is always interesting and the short stories are perfect for my busy life. I find if I get into a novel, I’ll read it within a couple days and then I don’t get enough sleep! lol, so novels are best for vacation time.

What do you think the Camrose public library brings to the community and how can you support us better?

  • Libraries give us so much wealth of information and imagination for all ages. When my children were little they were as excited to go to the library as they were to go to the 7-11 to get candy and slurpees! They loved to browse the different genres and even pick out movies. I believe in talking and finding out what our library needs, implementing a plan and executing it. Ideas are great but we need action to make it happen. So I would be excited to find out what those needs are and work on them.

What is your vision for Camrose County?

  • My vision for our county is that we can keep up on the information hi-way. We have so many wonderful ways to communicate with our residence that are not be used right now. Each councillor is available by phone or email but councillors should be closing the loop with more information. Using a service like Project Broadcast would allow each councillor to send texts privately to each ratepayer that chooses to provide their cell phone number. We could then ask questions on how people feel about different issues and we can also send texts with links or just information. It’s a fast and easy way to send one text to 100’s of people.   I’m excited for our future because Camrose County has so much to offer and we can grow by supporting small and medium  business. 
Link to Campaign: @Tinajennifersroka