Municipal Election Spotlight: PJ Stasko

Municipal Election Spotlight: PJ Stasko

PJ wears a blue sweater and is leaning on a wooden fence

Hi I am PJ Stasko and I running for Mayor of Camrose.  I initially ran for City Council 8 years ago because I wanted to serve Camrose and to maintain and improve the excellent standard of living if offered to my then young family (my daughter was 5 months old).  8 years later, with 8 year old and 6 year old daughters that passion hasn’t waned, now I am running for Mayor to continue the hard work we have accomplished in the last 8 years and to further Camrose and it’s residents. 

Favorite Library story – Ha… I used to work for the Camrose Public Library when I was about 13 as a Page.  I worked there for a few years so I have many.  The one that comes back to me is the first Christmas party for staff.  I brought my younger brother as my plus one.  The staff treated me as an equal, even though I was young, and I never forgot that feeling of belonging.

Reading -  The Cellist by Daniel Silva

The Camrose Public Library has really involved since when I worked there.  It is a hub… a place to connect, whether that be to books, internet or the community.  It is a safe place for people of all ages to find.  I helped fundraise for the “Snack in the Stacks” program which I thought was so important.  To support?  I am looking forward to the vision of the Library board of what a new Library could look like and I will support in all manners I can.

Vision of Camrose – Camrose really is a gem.  We have excellent amenities, it is picturesque, and the sense of community is breathtaking.  My goal is to nurture what we have and to add where it makes sense to ensure that we attract and retain residents that can enjoy all Camrose has to offer.