Municipal Election Spotlight: Kevin Hycha

Municipal Election Spotlight: Kevin Hycha

Kevin wears a black suit and stands in front of a black and grey background

What position are you running for?

  • Camrose City Council

Why did you want to run for office? 

  • This will be my 3rd term (if Re-Elected) I felt with such a big turn over in Council and Mayor, I wanted to add my experience to the newly Elected and maintain Continuity. I would like to expand on our Community Bus Service and work towards a solution to the City’s aging infrastructure, such as the Senior Center and Library. We need to look to the future and develop an additional water source. The City does an amazing job creating potable water for the Dried Meat Lake-But what if something should happen to that water source (Drought, disease) what would we do then??

Tell us your favorite library story:

  • My most memorable “Library Story” is when my Daughter and I came to read to the Sommer Students one afternoon

What are you reading or watching right now? 

  • When Time permits -I enjoy watching mini-series on Netflix (currently watching Longmire)and reading a book I received from Tim Belec called “The Future We Choose” written by Tom Rivett-Carnac

What do you think the Camrose public library brings to the community and how can you support us better?

  • The Library has changed from the Traditional style of Libraries we once knew them as and now offers so much more for example “On Line” content Wi-Fi access, Bicycle Library and Events for all ages”

What is your vision for the City of Camrose?

  • To keep it clean/Safe and affordable for everyone without sacrificing Services. Camrose is a Great City and a perfect place to raise a family