Municipal Election Spotlight: Bernadette Masson

Municipal Election Spotlight: Bernadette Masson

Bernadette wears a brown sweater and is in front of a white background

Hi my name is Bernadette Masson and Im a Camrose County candidate in Division 4 (Camrose-Bittern Lake area )

I have lived my whole life in the County of Camrose , and raised my 2 children in the Bawlf area.

I want to run for office because I'm not ready to fully retire and feel like I could use my experience in life to make a difference in my community .I have been a Chief Financial Officer of a family owned business Rightway Directional Drilling for 30 plus years and together we started OPT Waste Removal and I was a Chief Executive Officer at the same time of that business for 20 years . In 2018 I retired from my managerial duties but still remain co-owner of both businesses with Rodger Masson and Warren and Jayne Gendreau. I also volunteered at CAFCL to serve on the board for a year. 

My favorite books I have always read and checked out at the Library starting in the late 1970’s are the Diy books, Interior design and Exterior house design books . Me and my husband have used these books and knowledge in them to renovate a few houses we lived in over a lot of years including all the electrical and plumbing projects . Nowadays in the 2020s, I read the same kind of DIY books and watch a lot of HGTV and DIY channels. The wealth of knowledge and the services the Camrose Library brings to our community is priceless !!! A few things you can do at the library are, use the Wireless internet on their devices or your own ,borrow books from other libraries and they will try to find a book you request from other libraries,and they can rent large print or Audio books for people with low vision and hearing impairment . Did you know they actually have Snow Shoes they borrow out along with other indoor, outdoor games ! The county membership for a family is $12.00 for a year and is an awesome deal in my opinion .I will make sure every County family knows about the awesome services that they have available to them at the Camrose Library.

My vision as a County councillor for Div.4 , will be to encourage all residents to contact me by phone , email or in person of any issues or concerns they have. Together we will discuss, troubleshoot, document their concerns and work as a Team, and I will represent them and present their issues to the county at the council meetings . Some of the most important issues in the County that can be addressed by Council are road ,bridge and culvert maintenance , rural policing , fire protection, updating aging infrastructure of county Hamlets and ensuring the County manages the rate payer tax dollars effectively by prioritizing projects and budget expenditures.

Thank you everyone , I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Thanks again Bernadette Masson.